Sunday, July 24, 2011

Awesome Guest Post from Paper Wings!

So, I'm so excited to introduce you to my very good friend and talented DIYer, Tracy at Paper Wings. Sticking with the jewelry theme, she is going to share a super cute necklace tutorial.  You can head over to her blog to see my first guest post... also a necklace, but a totally different look. I hope you try out both!



Hello everyone! I am Tracy from Paper Wings, and (YAY!) I am super psyched that Kristy has started this blog cause, let's face it...she's stink'n GOOD at this crafting/DIY biz. :) Hope you all like what I am sharing today, and by all means....come on by Paper Wings to sit for a spell..... :)

Ok, so on to today's post. I have been eying these types of necklaces since last summer/fall. It's about time I take action. :) Here we go.

What you need:
* Strips of material, about 2 inches wide. Fold in half and iron, so it's about 1 inch. (Or 1 inch ribbon.)
* beads (need to be about the width of your folded fabric.) I had this old necklace I picked up at a yard sale years ago. I took it apart, and used the creamy beads.
*string/ needle
*scissors

What to do:
Ok, so you have your fabric cut into a long strip, folded, and ironed. ( You may need to have a second strip to attach later if your original fabric strip isn't super long....I did.)


*Leaving a few inches at the end, fold strip into two pleats and stitch through.

*Feed bead onto needle, and stitch through.



*Add two more pleats to the other end of the bead and stitch through. Then stitch back through both sets of pleats and the bead.
*Continue until you have the length you desire.


*If you have a super long strip, then you just tie off your ends. I had to cut another strip in half, then use those two pieces to knot my ends.

Thanks again, Kristy for having me. It's been fun in the Pocket. :)

Loads of love- Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment