Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Buttons and... Bow Holder



This is something I have wanted to make for Jaxson's girlfriend all summer. I went thrift store shopping a few weeks ago. I was actually on the hunt to find blue mason jars for my friend Jennifer; which I have found a way to make, but that will have to be for another day.  Anyway, I stumbled upon this small cheese cutting board for only .99!  As soon as I saw it, I knew it would be a great way to assemble Miss Lilly's bow holder.


Here is what you will need:                                                 

Cutting board or piece of sturdy wood
Spray paint
Felt flowers
Large and small ribbon
Paint
Staple gun



Once you have gathered your materials, it is really quite easy. Using the spray paint, apply several coats to the wood.  Once it is dry, stencil or hand paint what ever you want.  Add felt flowers, buttons, ribbon, etc. for decorations. Flip the board over, staple your large ribbon to the back.  Don't forget that your board will need a way to hang. That is one of the reasons I loved the cutting board because it already had a hole in the perfect place for hanging. I will have to post of picture of it once it is in full use in Lilly's room. 

~ Happy Crafting ~

2 comments: