Tuesday, October 18, 2011

happy fall.

This has to be my favorite post yet...so be excited!  It all started with a simple inspiration from my new favorite website... fuzzimo.  If you didn't see my previous post, Scrabble Babble, then I'll mention quickly that a co-worker found the printable scrabble tiles on Pinterest.

So, after printing my scrabble tiles, I decided to see what else fuzzimo had to offer. I found an old typewriter print that I could download right onto my computer.  I have always been a big fan of the typewriter and the classic timeless font it provides. If you haven't seen my tattoo, it says love. in a simply stated typewriter font.  Anyway,  I also found some scrap linen while rummaging in a remnant bin.

And here is the lovely marriage of scrap linen and typewriter font. I must say that I am very proud of this little beauty and I can't wait to use this technique again!

 Before you get started, click on the link above to download the font. Once you have installed, you can find it in your fonts as: fzm Old Typerwriter.

 
You will also need a piece of card stock, fabric and adhesive spray.

Spray the adhesive to cover the entire surface of the card stock. Lay your fabric down and smooth it out.


Follow the edge of the card stock and cut your fabric so that it is the same size.


For most printers, you'll insert the card stock into the paper tray fabric side down.


Peel as soon as it comes out of the printer.


Oh... I just love it!

Something else that inspires me and makes me happy is fall. Just in time for the cold front that is headed our way tomorrow... I will be changing out the porch decor to match this season! Until then, this little delight will stay inside.


Something else that makes me happy...
We got out to the park and soaked up the last day of 80 degree weather.

~Happy Fall~


2 comments: