Monday, October 17, 2011

Scrabble Babble...


So, I thought I would share something a little bit different today. As much as I love crafting, I would have to say that I also love creating fun things for my classroom just as much. Most of my time and days are spent as a teacher to nineteen little personalities. And so... even if you are not a teacher, you may have children of your own or maybe you have searched and searched for that random scrabble tile that nobody can ever find. If you fit into one or more of those categories... keep reading!

A co-worker found this on Pinterest. If you haven't become a pin head yet please leave a comment with your email below and I will send you an invite. It is currently one of the greatest resources on the web.

All you need is white card stock and a printer. You may want to laminate them, but that is optional. Check out Fuzzimo here.  They also have some amazing high-resolution photographs. I already have it linked up to the scrabble tiles, but it is a fun website to browse.  I also downloaded an old time type-writer font that I will be using in a tutorial later this week.


Of course the possibilities are endless here, but I made a set of six to use during my guided reading instruction. Each child will receive a bag of letters and we will spell our names, sight words, etc. For older grades, it is a great way to encompass addition. Find out who's name is worth the most.  My name is worth, a measly 13 points. I can already guess my student, "QUINTARIUS" is going to be worth some mega points.

I also took some thick textured scrap book paper to make a letter stand. I measured 2.25 inches. I used my craft knife and the ruler to cut out the rectangle. I scored a line at 1 inch and folded on that line. I scored it again at 2 inches so that I could have a small lip to hold my letters.  


TaDaa!


~Happy Scrabble Babble~

If you have some fun or ideas to share on how to use these in your home or classroom, please leave comments below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment