Monday, August 1, 2011

To-Do da Doodle Do...

So, first I would like to say that I am sorry for leaving you hanging.  As most of you know, because you are also teachers, we are started back to work today.  Needless to say the last week, I have been preparing my classroom for a new bunch of munchkins.  I did get my furniture in place and painted one of my walls, "blue dart." This has completely given my classroom a cozy and refreshing feeling for under 30 bucks! 

I also knew I wanted to welcome the kindergarten team with something special that would not only be cute, but also practical. Check it out below!


You will need:
  • Scrapbook paper
  • 8x10 frame (I bought mine at the dollar store)
  • Ribbon
  • Small piece of felt
  • Hot glue gun
  • Permanent marker or sharpie
  • Any other accessories (felt flowers, rosettes, buttons, ect.)

If you have never check out the girls at eighteen25 you must! They are simply amazing, so inspiring and always have awesome printables that are free. This is where I found the "things to-do" list.  You can also just click here. Go ahead and download it to your computer.

You will need to decide on the scrapbook paper or any other paper you can print on. Of course you will have to cut your scrapbook paper into the right size to fit into your printer.  Print the "things to-do" list and insert into your frame. Wow! That was easy.  You could let this be your finished project or you could...

If you want an extra touch, you can add felt flowers, buttons, bows, anything you want to personalize your frame. Another option is to add a place to hold the permanent marker. Yes, use permanent, then you just use any cleaner or rubbing alcohol to wipe it clean. If you use dry erase maker it doesn't adhere and will wipe off really easy. 


Take about 15 inches of ribbon and lay it in the middle of your frame, front side facing down.  Hot glue it in place. Cut a strip of felt the width of your frame and glue it on top of the ribbon to hold it on. It also acts as a place for the pen to sit.  Tie your marker on and look how cute, easy and inexpensive this little gift is!



2 comments:

  1. OHhhh good goo!!! I love it. Here's a deal. Make me one, and I (actually already started, so please accept deal) will make you a headband. Deal? deal. For my classroom, of course.

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete