Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mr. Freeze Please

Once upon a time, a long summer ago, my friend over at Paper Wings (click on her button!) mentioned this wonderful thing called freezer paper.  Well one thing lead to another and I went freezer paper crazy. But like most things, it was only for a week. Then I was onto my next crafting endeavor. Well, I am here to show you some of the little lovelies that I made in the past and one that I have been promising to deliver on for quite awhile now!
 Let's talk tutorial first...

Here is what you need:
  • Freezer Paper
  • Tote (or other item you want to add your design on)
  • Fabric paint and sponge brush
  • Iron
  • Craft knife

Next, decide what design you want and print it from your computer.  I just used Google images for the paw print and typed the C.U.B.S.


Lay your feezer paper, shiny side down on the image and trace the image.

Use your craft knife to cut the image out. Of course, where ever you cut is where your paint will show up. For images like this one that seems pretty easy. However, if you check out my Audrey Hepburn tee or bicycle onsie, that was very tricky.

Iron on the freezer paper with a low setting to set the paper in place. 

 I mixed up some black and blue paint to get the navy color I wanted.  Paint on your fabric paint and let dry.


Carefully, peel your freezer paper off.

Sometimes, you'll have to use the craft knife to remove smaller pieces. 

Ta-dah!


Here are some of my other freezer paper creations...





No comments:

Post a Comment