Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Little Man Party.... Behind the Scenes



Here are just a few tips and tricks to start off the tour.  This weekend, I hope to have a couple of tutorials to go along with this behind the scenes tour.

First of all, if you didn't catch the theme, it was a "Little Man" party. Check out the invitation I designed using Paint.

If you look closely at the photo above, you can see some of the decorations I came up with.  Beginning with the Birthday clothesline.  So EASY and really CUTE!!! It's a win, win.  I made a tie and a number one template. I bought assorted scrapbook paper 50% and went to town cutting out as many as I could.  I also had black and white pictures printed that featured Jaxson's first year of life. (including some of him in my belly)  I got the blue rope and the clothespins at the Dollar Tree... one of my favorite stores! The left room was set up for the adults, so I cut out the words, "Big Men" for that clothesline. The right side had a kids table, cookie bar for favors, balloons for the babies to chase and a "Pin the Mustache on Jaxson" game.  That clothesline had "Little Men" spelled out.

We took one of the 4 by 6 black and white photos to Kinkos. They were able to do a 24 by 36 photocopy for about $5! The kids that played were blindfolded and asked to "pin the mustache" on Jaxson.


I wish I had some better close ups of the decorations, but the day of the party I wasn't really "blog minded."  I will have to do better next time.  We did have our friend who is a photographer come shoot the party, so maybe he got some better shots.  If you are a blogger, I would definitely assign an artsy friend to get some good shots of the party for your blog.

 For the center pieces, I used plastic lanterns that I had from my baby shower.  I bought the shredded blue crinkle paper at the dollar store as well.  Each center piece had three things: one mustache on a stick, one pinwheel on a stick and one clothespin glued upside down to hold a black and white photo. I also did six lanterns with just two pinwheels that lined the fireplace mantle.

Okay... that's all for now... stay tuned for some more of the cute ideas and even easy projects you can do for your party!


~Happy Party Planning~

No comments:

Post a Comment