Thursday, November 10, 2011

Felting Frenzy

I just love alliteration and silly titles. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.  I have been meaning to get this one up for awhile. I was actually hoping to have it up so you could whip up a trick-or-treat bag for the kids... Oh well! Such is life; always running a hundred miles an hour.  I will, however, challenge you to still give this one for a different holiday, season or reason. My husband says... to put a turkey on it! I may actually try that.

What you need:
  • Four pieces of felt to make the tote (I try to get them when they are 5 for $1 at Hobby Lobby!)
  • One piece for the decoration or applique
  • Large Needle
  • Embroidery thread

 Cut out your design. I just cut this out by hand. You could look for a pattern.


Pin it in place...


 and a stitch, stitch here and a stitch, stitch there...


Once it is all stitched on your bag, set that piece aside.  
I don't have measurements for you, but I did cut one piece of felt into three strips.


These three strips become the sides and bottom of the bag. Pin it to the piece you just stitched.


Sew in place. Add the back piece, pin in place and sew once more. You should have a tote without a handle, rectangular in shape.


The last piece is used for the handle. I cut two strips, sewed them together in the middle and then sewed them onto either sides of the bag. 

~Happy Trick-or-Treating~

 I bought the baby's costume, but was able to sew my costume without a pattern!! I was very proud of myself.  The husband once again obliged to play along.  As usual his costume was thrown together thanks to the local thrift store.

 Our very FIRST house!

My tired little lion.

Sneak peak for the Holidays... take this tutorial and shrink to size.

Mini Christmas totes... perfect for Chatty Crafty. (wink! wink!) For this one I just used the print on fabric technique. Check that out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment